Monday, March 15, 2010

How do you trim short hair to get the ends pointy and not straight?

Like the ends on the hair of Kate Moennig (The L Word) ? Though that particular style of hair I dont want. I just want to be able to trim my hair to maintain the shortness and still have the pointy ends that the stylist gave me.





I hope you get what Im talking about! :)How do you trim short hair to get the ends pointy and not straight?
ITS CALLED POINT CUTTING, AND YOU HOLD YOUR SCISSORS ALMOST VERTICAL (VERTICAL WITH A SLIGHT ANGLE) AND JUST TIP THE ENDS FOR A STRAIGHT CUT BUT NOT BLUNT.How do you trim short hair to get the ends pointy and not straight?
It's called ';point cutting';. It's hard to cut your own hair though. You'll have to pretty limber!
You should try layering your hair. It makes it look pointy and not flat. It's a great hairstyle that looks good on anyone. = D
You should go to an hair stylist to get it done but... you cut at an angle instead of vertically. Hold the hair out as if you are cutting layers and cut into the ends not straight up so it would form a zigzag line and not a straight line.
Instead of cutting horizontally cut up on a slight angle into the hair. Personally I wouldn't trust myself to do it, I'd get the hair dresser to do it for me.





But if you have the confidence, go for it. :)
I had a cut similar to what you are talking about. Was cut with a razor I believe. Really cute hair cute..
i trim my fringe (bangs) to get them pointy.


just get some scissors and face them straight up, hold the hair between the forefinger and middle finger at the length you want to cut and cut upwards/vertically.

No comments:

Post a Comment