Friday, March 26, 2010

Does anyone think short hair chihuahuas and long hair chihuahuas have different behaivors?

I have a long hair Chihuahua and my boyfriends mother has a short hair. My long hair is very sweet and outgoing. My boyfriends mothers short hair is very shy and timid she will run from everybody and hide! Well i have ran into some short hairs and have noticed they seem to have to same kind of behaivors with being shy and scared and running away. now the long hairs i've ran acrossed are oppisite they are very outgoing dogs,they love attention. Is it just me or has anyone else noticed this?Does anyone think short hair chihuahuas and long hair chihuahuas have different behaivors?
I think it all depends on the socialization and the individual dog. I have both coats, and I don't see any noticable difference. I have one long hair who is laid back about everything, never barks, and loves strangers. Then I have another long hair who is shy around strangers and barks easily.


I think long hairs are probably considered cuter by the general populace - the short hair chihuahua look isn't for everyone, so it may be that long hairs get more attention and therefore end up better socialized. But I don't think it is a personality trait inherent to the coat length....Does anyone think short hair chihuahuas and long hair chihuahuas have different behaivors?
I have absolutely noticed the exact same thing. At first I thought maybe I was just imagining it because of some subconscious notion of longhairs being prettier, but I've seen it so much. It's strange.
In my experience and I have had many years experience with these little dogs, it is the other way around. I find the long coats to be shyer, more laid back than the smooth coats. They are all different tho. Wonderful dogs!
I also have a long haired Chi, and she is kind of in between. My last long haired Chi was a lot more outgoing. I think it has more to do with how they are raised as pups and on the parents personalities.
I have a shorthaired female who is kinda who is bold to strangers %26amp; extremely outgoing gets upset if she can't go. She is very jealous too if you start to rub another dog or cat she willl push them out of the way lol %26amp; make sure she has the attention. My friend has a longhaired male who is timid %26amp; runs away %26amp; wont let other people pick him up. It's just that some chihuahuas are different in personality.
  • makeup show
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment