Friday, March 26, 2010

What type of brush should I use for my short hair cat?

I have a short hair mixed breed. He is 8 months old, and about a month ago began shedding a tremendous amount





(yes I know the seasons are changing, and he is shedding his winter coat)





BUT the brush I have for him appears to do nothing. I can get more hair off him by petting.





The brush has a small square head, and little wire bristles toped with rubber. It is for fine hair.





Can anyone recomend a better cat brush, brand or style, that works well on sleek short hairs?





Thanks!What type of brush should I use for my short hair cat?
Petco has an item called Love Glove.





Basically, it's gloves with tiny bristles on them to brush the cat while you pet them. They work really well with short hairs.





Here's the link...What type of brush should I use for my short hair cat?
For short-haired cats we like a wire bristle brush with the bristles fairly close together.





A flea comb works well too, as would a regular cat comb.





Or even a curry comb. That's what they call it for horses, I forget what they call it for cats.





Don't bother spending $$ on a Furminator and an undercoat rake wouldn't do you any good either.





A good brush and a comb are all you'll really need.





The ones in the link below are the ones I got (at Petsmart.)

No comments:

Post a Comment